Snack time can be dangerous.
Being hungry and short on time, can make you vulnerable to unhealthy, processed food choices. Meal prepping helps avoid this scenario, but we all find ourselves in predicaments without a meal in hand. The next time you are tempted to reach for chips or cookies, try one of these healthy alternatives instead!
- Ham-wrapped celery sticks. Dip in whole-grain mustard for extra flavor.
- Bell peppers and guacamole. Look for snack size portions of guacamole.
- Hard-boiled eggs. Portable, healthy, simple.
- Beef jerky. Be sure to read the label and make sure the jerky doesn’t have any added sugar, and try to find jerky made from quality, grass-fed beef.
- Blueberries with unsweetened, whole milk Greek yogurt.
- Tuna mixed with avocado and whole-grain mustard. Put it on top of a rice cracker, whole grainbread, oreat on its own.
- Remember ants on a log? This childhood classic of peanut butter (or any nut butter) on celery topped with raisins isactually ahealthy snack! Some people have peanut allergies or become inflamed by eating them. In this case, consider almond, or other, nut butter instead.
- Hummus and carrot sticks.
- Mixed nuts. Be careful of your serving size — a small handful is usually a decent amount for a snack.
- Roasted chickpeas. Prepare these ahead of time. Mix ¾ cup of chickpeas with 1 tablespoon each olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Roast at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.
Remember that these ideas are general, and you should follow your own macro needs when considering snack ideas.
What’s your favorite on-the-go healthy snack? Tell me what I missed!
Leave A Comment